Job opening: Director Of Business Development
The Director of Business Development is responsible for delivering profitable revenue growth from new lines of business. This will include acquisition of new customers, geographic growth of the core business, creation and execution of strategic account planning, developing new business models for customers and launching new business. The Director of Business Development will be translating the long-term company & regional strategy into concrete account plans to materialize these strategies.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering profitable revenue growth from new business
- Develops strategy for revenue growth on account level (existing and new accounts)
- Supports the growth and development of new business / service models
- Develops and executes business plans for new revenue opportunities
- Utilizes and coordinates with resources within the organization to identify and execute on new business development opportunities and provides development and direction (as needed)
- Supports the development of proposals for new customers
- Develops the new business growth plan and acts as critical thought partner in the development of the company strategy and business plan
- Works with customers and through market/industry analysis/networks, to identify new opportunities for revenue growth
- Prioritizes new business development initiatives – builds support for those with high potential and retains organizational focus on their successful execution
- Develops, and obtains approval for, business plans that will lead to the profitable capture of new business development opportunities
- Works collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the organization to identify and utilize existing resources to capture new business development
- Builds extensive internal networks across the Company globally to ensure support resources are utilized on growth initiatives
- Sets aggressive annual goals for new revenue growth and manages a go forward plan that ensure these goals are met
- Manages successful implementation of high-impact, high-visibility business development projects
- Oversees completion of business case analyses for new customer or product strategies with a focus on new integrated product offerings developed in coordination with new company affiliates.
- Directs/generates/presents thoughtful and persuasive sales proposals and internal strategy documents to customers and senior management.
- Engages in contract and pricing negotiations with customers including developing term sheets, reviewing contract proposals, analyzing customer proposals, and developing recommended counterproposals.
- Establishes and maintain relationships with customers, industry influencers, and key strategic partners.
- Establishes and implements strategic planning initiatives, marketing efforts, and sales process improvements in order to meet sales objectives and support overall strategic direction.
- Coaches and guides direct report(s) on their objectives
- B.S. in Business, Finance or similar
- At least 5 -10 years of sales experience in the airline industry, having worked with major customers and preferably coming from a top player in the market
- Knowledge of the airline market
- Have a robust and current network
- Proven revenue generation
- Strategy and management experience
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- O365 (Outlook, Teams, Sharepoint, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Any ERP (Dynamics) and CRM (SFDC) experience would be an advantage
- Ability to recognize and fulfil the client needs
- Use initiative to improve long term business results
- Inspire others to share your vision and support them to reach a common goal
- Results driven, tenacious, focused and flexible
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills on all levels in the organization
- Strict, attention to detail, well organized, accurate and well documented
- Team player
Language / Communication Skills:
- Perfect in English, both written and verbal
- Dutch & Spanish are a plus
Geographic Responsibility: North America
Type of Employment: Full Time
Travel %: 50-75%